Last year, Super Bowl fans consumed an estimated 1 billion chicken wings, 11 million pounds of potato chips, 325 million gallons of beer and 120 million pounds of guacamole!
I’m down for some homemade guac, but considering I’m just coming off my January Whole30, the other stuff would wreck my gut!
Photo credit TFR.
I created a Super Bowl Recipe Round Up for those of you who want to enjoy some delicious game day eats without consuming loads of junk! These recipes are from some of my favorite food bloggers (and if you aren’t already following them, you should be!)
1. Homemade Guacamole from The Real Foods Dietitians
Serve with sweet potato or plantain chips and fresh veggies!
2. Buffalo Chicken Dip from The Defined Dish
Serve with fresh veggies like carrots, celery and sliced bell peppers.
3. Bacon Wrapped Dates from Our Savory Life
4. Southwestern Deviled Eggs from Primally Inspired
5. Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers from
6. Sweet Potato Rounds with Guacamole + Bacon from The Roasted Root
7. Irresistible Wings from Real Food with Dana
8. Loaded Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Nachos from Real Food with Dana
9. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from Paleo Running Momma
10. Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Real Simple Good